Do you feel stuck, ignored or overlooked? Your future is in your hands if you’re smart. You might not think you have a network, but you do… several in fact. And you have the power to make them stronger and better.
Life is all about mixing with other people, and the result of our lives and careers are a variety of people we know to varying degrees. These are your networks. This isn’t about selling, but being useful and visible for a long time. It is not about knowing huge numbers of people and having huge networks either. Actually you want to know people who have shared interests with you and perhaps even like you.
Networks grow up around us at random, but you can also take charge and take care of your networks. You can start to plan who you would like in your networks and why. You can be a good neighbour, a good friend and a good colleague and even be at the centre of your own networks as well as choosing which others you might want to join.
Key concepts covered include:
- You understand who is in your networks and assess how useful your networks are.
- Use a strategy to improve your network links with your friends and allies.
- Discover ways to handle rivalry and to out-manoeuvre your rivals.
- Start using tools to organise your networks.
- Understand how to measure your success.